Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Deja Vu All Over Again?

Similar swing, similar results?


I knew there was something familiar about Dan Uggla's swing.  And it wasn't until I saw a recent still of his HR cut that it hit me.

Fred McGriff.

Same high, one-handed follow through and hopefully the same impact.  I doubt there will be extra fire alarms in the press box, but there certainly could be fireworks from Uggla's spot in the lineup.  You'd think as a Braves fan I would connect the Uggla swing to the McGriff swing much sooner, seeing how Uggla has held that pose quite a few time against us.  I guess I could have been blinded by my hands over my face in disbelief that he did it to us again.

Plumber's Night at the park as a lucky Braves fan goes for a Uggla HR ball

McGriff ended up being that power bat that carried us to the playoffs and ultimately our first World Series Championship.  With all the other positions seemingly in place and a potentially dominate and deep staff, could the Dan Uggla acquisition be the new spark that issues in a new run to a championship run?  Let's hope it is Deja Vu all over agian.

No comments:

Post a Comment